Tyson Dux is the seventh guest on The People’s Interview.
Today we bring to you a new edition of our section called “The People’s Interview” where we interview different personalities from the world of wrestling, whether they are wrestlers, journalists, announcers, etc. On this occasion, we chat with Tyson Dux.
Tyson Dux | The People’s Interview #7 (English Version)
1. First of all, what do you think you would be doing for a living if you had not become a wrestler?
It’s hard to say. I’ve always wanted to be a wrestler. I’ve had lots of jobs outside the wrestling industry but they were ways to keep the dream alive. I even drove a big rig truck for 10 years just so I could make the weekends about the shows.
2. Is there any other sport you like to watch or practice?
I love boxing. I’m not a huge fan of MMA but the rich history of boxing is something that I love.
3. Apart from getting inside the squared circle, are you working on any side projects at the moment?
I coach both online and at wrestling schools. I also own my own clothing brand called Hammerlock Apparel. I do a little bit of personal training just for extra money and I’m about to start writing a book about my life in the industry.
4. What has been your favorite moment or anecdote in your career?
Too many moments to select just one. I have loved the journey both good and bad. It has made me who I am.
5. Which is a promotion (active or inactive) that you have never been part of but would love to wrestle for?
NJPW is the one I would love to get a run with.
6. Is there any wrestler or wrestling personality (active or inactive) you would love to share the ring with but haven’t yet?
Hiroshi Tanahashi Kento Miyahara Walter and from the past Ricky Steamboat and Rick Martel.
7. In sports and performing arts, it looks like it is almost a must to have some kind of ritual before competing or going on stage. Do you have one?
I have a few. My main ones that stand out are I always brush my teeth to prevent cotton mouth and I clip my finger nails as a respect thing to my opponent.
8. What is your favorite wrestling match of all time? Not necessarily the best match, but the one you enjoy watching the most.
Rick Martel vs. Ric Flair from AJPW and Ricky Steamboat vs. Rick Rude WCW Bash at the Beach.
9. And your favorite wrestling move?
To end this interview, we are gonna go with three quick questions:
10. A book/film/series you are enjoying a lot recently.
Lou Thesz book Hooker.
11. Your favorite band/artist.
12. Winning a match: via pinfall or submission?
Pinfall all the way.
And that’s it – our seventh edition of The People’s Interview with Tyson Dux as our guest. If you are part of the wrestling industry and want to be one of our future guests, please contact us through our social media. See you next Saturday with a new interview!
Recuerda consultar TurnHeelWrestling para estar al tanto de las últimas noticias sobre WWE, AEW y demás compañías de Pro Wrestling. Además, puedes seguirnos en nuestras redes sociales para no perderte ninguna de las novedades: Twitter, Facebook, Discord, YouTube, Twitch e Instagram.